Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Thank you so much for starting this board. I just wish it had been here when I made my move from CA to OH last year.

I did manage to do one thing right - I moved in the dead of winter. But getting someone to load me during the week before Christmas was a nightmare.

Ellen
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thank you so much for starting this board

No problem - I was hoping for a little more traffic here, but maybe that will come with time...

But getting someone to load me during the week before Christmas was a nightmare.

Yep - holidays in general are pretty terrible. We've been working on most holidays for the last couple of years, but my sales manager decided that if anyone wanted to move on the 4th of July this year, they'd have to pay through the nose.
So far, nobody has booked on the 4th, and I'm hoping it stays that way.

Zath
No. of Recommendations: 1
We moved into our house in Atlanta on Dec. 24, 1991 because that was when the moving company told us our things would arrive from Texas. The movers who brought our belongings were three 20-something brothers and a friend who worked for, hmmmm, so many moves, so many movers, I think, Graebel Moving.

They arrived at 8 a.m., neatly dressed in navy blue company uniforms, and informed us that their mother was expecting them for lunch at 1 p.m., and they didn't dare be late.

Four and a half hours later, they had moved us into a split-level 4-bedroom, 3-bath, 2-living area, 2-car garage house and were on their way to lunch with Mum. One of our best move experiences even if we did eat leftover Chinese food for our Christmas dinner the next day.
No. of Recommendations: 2
They arrived at 8 a.m., neatly dressed in navy blue company uniforms, and informed us that their mother was expecting them for lunch at 1 p.m., and they didn't dare be late.

Four and a half hours later, they had moved us into a split-level 4-bedroom, 3-bath, 2-living area, 2-car garage house and were on their way to lunch with Mum. One of our best move experiences even if we did eat leftover Chinese food for our Christmas dinner the next day.

It is so nice when you get to see 'real' movers in action.

I've had so many workers come through my shop. Finding guys that are keepers is a nerve racking exercise.

In fact, just yesterday one of the guys I thought was going to do very well just decided he had to get home in the middle of a job. He wouldn't give anyone any details about what was going on, and there was only about 30 minutes of actual work left. Why he did this is one of two great mysteries.

The other great mystery is where he's going to be working next week.

Zath