Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 9
As an early thanksgiving exercise, I owe some major appreciation to this investing concept, its progenitor, the wise fools on this board, and the Chartmaster General.

Mostly a lurker for most of the decade+ but I use this stuff...even more as time goes on. I recently segmented a portion of my total retirement portfolio into a Dividend Growth basket with the goal of achieving a 15% dividend yield on initial capital within 15 years. The only real path to these numbers is finding companies with the potential to maintain long-term dividend growth AND a current high yield. The BMW concept and charts are invaluable in helping me find entry points that work with this strategy and give me some comfort about building in safety.

These may not all work out in the end but 2020 purchases of MMM, IBM, OMC, and WBA below the -2 RMS are buys I wouldn't have tracked or made without all of your contributions. The same goes for at least 10 others over the last 10+ years that have worked out quite well. :)

With much appreciation to you all...sincerely.

blitzen94
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 13
Totally agree, blitzen94!

Many, many thanks to:

1. BMW (Jim Schout), who first shared his BMW Method so unselfishly online, and then at numerous conferences.

2. Mike Klein, who vastly improved and standardized the charting for the BMWM and has maintained them all these years.

3. The Captain (Denny S.), who created and still maintains a very special BMWM site with everything from history, photos, work product from various BMWMers, and most importantly, a buy/sell program that can be tailored to any users criteria and is absolutely awesome!

These guys are "Fools", in the truest sense....sharing their talents so generously with all of Fooldom, with no other motives than helping other investors.

Cheers!
Murph
BL and PRE Home Fool
No. of Recommendations: 4
Hi blitzen94, thanks for the nice words and yours too Murph! I check in every once in a while, a couple times a year, just to be sure everything is still running. Occasionally it takes a little work to fix something or another, but really it hasn't been a lot for about 12 years now. Glad to hear people still are finding useful things here!

-Mike
No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi Mike!!

Great to hear from you.....and I hope that you and all those you love are doing well in these days of COVID, etc.

The photos on Denny's of the various BMWM conferences are a good generator of some really great memories of all you have done for so many people over the years.

The very best to you!

Cheers!
Murph
BL and PRE Home Fool