No. of Recommendations: 0
Thank you all for your thoughts, very helpful!!

My only frustration is Vanguards annual fee for funds with less than $5,000 balance. If I should have International and/or Bond fund - each would need to be above $5,000 of my total $28K (or 17.8%) to avoid the annual fees on balanecs below $5,000. Is the best option to:

1) avoid the bonds and or int'l to avoid paying low balance fees?
2) put 17.8 in bond and int'l even though its higher than typically expected for one of my age
3) put in less than $5,000 in bond and int'l and just suck up the fee?

I get really mixed messages about whether I should have 100% equity or some bonds at this age. Decisions, decisions.

Thank you all again.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.