Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
thank you for replying, perhaps i can clarify. the office space is in a building that we own, located on our personal property. we have not sold it. we use the office space for our sch c business and this business pays rent to our property managment account, created to handle the income and expense for several rental properties we own. the income and expense from the renatls has been filed on sch e for several years, that it is why, i think, it got set up as 27.5 yrs. depreciation. tax year 1999 is the first year depreciation was claimed on this portion of the building and we have discontinued using that particular space as an office. so what do we do about the rest of the depreciation?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.