Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thank you for taking the time to reply

Some time soon, I will have to take possession of a hundred thousand or so in deferred retirement. My state has notified me that when I withdraw the funds they may be "turned over" into an account governed by the above rules rather then taking cash. I'm guessing it is similar to a 401(k) (or a 403(b) which I also have).

So, what I really want to know: what are the rules that govern a 402(c).


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.