No. of Recommendations: 0
Thank you for the comments.

Other than expense ratios and selection of funds, are there any other considerations to make when choosing between a rollover from an employer plan to an IRA *or* the TSP?

I noticed the following statement on the TSP site:

<<The TSP can accept funds that were distributed from a traditional IRA or an eligible employer plan (or its designated financial institution). The money that you are transferring or rolling over must be considered an "eligible distribution" under the Internal Revenue Code. If you are considering a transfer, you should check with the administrator of the plan from which you wish to transfer the money (or your tax advisor) to ensure that the funds are eligible for transfer or rollover.>>

So, now I need to ensure the funds I am transferring are considered "eligible"

Thanks, RS
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.