No. of Recommendations: 0
Thank you for your kind comments!

In DSL, I think the only stock I have researched that looks promising is CMTN. I get the sense this could be the CSCO type gorilla in the sector. I don't think the service providers are doing anything but eating each other for breakfast. They are commoditizing the service side the way the ISP's were a few years ago. The infra structure/equipment providers look better, and CMTN shows good profitability and growth at this time. I bought CMTN when you mentioned it, and expect it to be a good medium to long term investment.

CMTN is definitely a great play in DSL. DSL is one of the winning sustaining technologies. It's a good way to diversify against holdings in the optics plays like JDSU and LPTHA.

NPNT isn't as exciting as CMTN, but it should be trading around 38 or 40. The large deal through Morgan Stanley at 25 may turn out to be a gift with these prices.

For now, my CMTN June 75s and CYTC Aug 35 are up so much the loss on the NPNT Aug 30s is insignificant. I also weighted CMTN and CYTC higher.

Regarding RMBS, I've been watching it but I haven't made any moves yet.

Mike
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.