Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Thank you Howard, for whatever you did to prompt an SEC investigation. I really appericate the effect this will have on my 33 March 7.50 Puts.

Stand back fellow Fools, we are about to see what happens when a piece of BAD news hits a HIGH flying stock trading at 160 x sales!

First the initial drop from the SEC news, then the stop losses, then the margin calls! Oh dear gawd I would hate to be holding SIRI right now (especially on margin).

-Ztsmart (who taste like sugar because he's made from sugar)

What should I do with the money I will make from these puts? :)

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Don't count your puts before they are hatched..

You may be surprised and find that this news, true of false, may not have any effect at all..

<'))><
©2005
Vic

No. of Recommendations: 2
zt

You are into the numbers but have you counted on the pychology of this stock. I think I posted here about this awhile back. The stock used to trade in a range of about $1 to $4. You would see the rise to $4 and then a major sell off until the price got back to about a buck or two and the sellers would again become buyers. I mentioned then that the popularity of the stock would grow and atho you would keep seeing this pattern the floor would start to rise as more and more of those that bought in at the high point would be those that we refer to as "cheerleaders". We are starting to see more and more of them, they are looking long term, at least for now, and they are not going to part with their shares anytime soon, certainly not at a loss. I am not saying they are right but they will have an effect on the base of the stock. The fewer traders and the more cheerleaders means a more stable bottom, at least for awhile, until another big jump makes it worthwhile for some of the cheerleaders to part with their shares. Personally I don't expect to see any big drop soon. I look at a bottom of around maybe $3.50 to 4 at most and more likely the higher end of that. When dealing with a "consumer" stock such as this it is wise to take in the pschology of the consumer as well as the numbers when making your decision. Humans are not rational creatures.

herb
No. of Recommendations: 10
It is disingenuous of you to suggest that Howard Stern had anything to do with this investigation. Obviously, your implication is that if Stern is involved the situation can be compared to Martha Stewart and the nosedive of Martha Stewart Omnimedia shares. But even with the limited information released it is clear that this isn't the canse, and you know it. Nobody at Sirius is being investigated. Stern isn't being investigated.

Sure, there might be a short term emotional drop, but the fact that the news came out early in the weekend should soften the reaction. If it is anything more than an early morning drop and rebound, it will provide a nice buying opportunity and I'll take advantage of it.

These investigations are not uncommon, and not particularly surprising considering the interest in the associated parties.

But, I'm sure you already know all of this. On the other hand, you don't even seem to understand how your Sirius puts work:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=22091586

Can't you see how ridiculous you appear gloating about your paper gains? Surely you aren't trying to encourage people to sell!

marxtacy
Marxtacy,

But, I'm sure you already know all of this. On the other hand, you don't even seem to understand how your Sirius puts work: http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=22091586

Very amusing. But, nothing seems to faze this guy.

To ztsmart,

What do you hope to accomplish?

Are you trying to get people to sell SIRI? If so, you've failed (look at previous threads, or, better yet, the price of your puts).

Are you gloating? If so, I, for one, don't want to hear it. It's useless and ridiculous to come here and basically harass the longs. If SIRI drops, are you going to point to prior posts and say, "I told you so", because you guessed correctly? I follow 25-30 stock boards, looking for news or insight; I think one incredibly long thread here devoted to your egotism is enough. There's got to be another board for this kind of stuff. That board may very well exist on Yahoo!

Frank

Ahhh, Frank, are you mad because you speculated and lost your money?

I understand. You should have bought puts at 8.90 like I did. As soon as the SEC comments on the depth of their investigation, the rest of your money will be wipped out.

SIRI stock price jumped something like 40% prior to the Stern announcement. Why did it do that? I am pretty sure the SEC will find out why.

Oh, and I do not want you to sell. I want you to hold your stock, and even buy more, preferablly on margin. I want you to do this, so that after you get completely wiped out, you will learn. And I sincerely want you to become more knowledgable so that in the furture, you won't be "investing" in companies like SIRI.

I think a 20% would be nice

-Z
The reason ztsmart is making posts directed at SIRI is because he owns
stock in XM Satellite. Check his profile.
http://boards.fool.com/Profile.asp?uid=127127800

He is trying to make SIRI look bad so his stock will look better.

What I find strange is how a stock (XMSR) could be selling at $30.00 a share even when it has lost -$3.09 last quarter?

(XMSR) Doesn't sound like to good a bet right now.

Also how is it construed that their is insider trading when the one's
involved are not officer's of the company?
ZTSMART=PUMPER/DUMPER...(XMSR OWNER)

C'mon people...this guy is playing this board like a bad Menudo tune! We've all this before. They come in, stir things up a bit, create a panic, and move on to another stock's board to wreak havoc. Let's not get our undies in a bunch. Ignore this guy and go long on SIRI. If guys like this make you second guess and panic, sell your position now and get yourself a nice safe mutual fund. Otherwise, strap in and enjoy the ride...
I do not own stock in XMSR. I did, I bought at 12, 16 and 22, but I sold at 29 and 34. I would *love* to buy XM stock again, as I have and love the service, but I do not think I will see it drop to a price I would buy anytime soon. I hope for 24/share, but I wont likely see that anytime soon.

You are just mad because you own SIRI stock.

When I think of SIRI investors this weekend I invision a person in a locked car stuck on the railroad tracks with a copy of the train schedule which reads "Nonstop Train ariving at 9:30 Tuesday Morning". Scary, huh?

Z-Dawg-in-da-h-izz-ouse!
I don't care if you sell or not. I am just happy I own puts in a company that I just found out has a formal SEC investigation into it. (subpenas are not issued unless the investigation is fomral, as I understand it).

But, yeah, go ahead and buy more stock in a company that is reckless with shareholder equity and is being investiagted for Insider Trading. I am sure that Joesph Clayton (who came from global crossings) is a man of outstanding charictar and would never do anything to wipe out shareholders' equity. Futhermore, if you can't trust howard stern to be ethical, who can you trust?

-Z

Please buy more so I can type extra "!"s after I tell you "Told you so" in a month.

No. of Recommendations: 5
What should I do with the money I will make from these puts? :)

Get a Life?

The Barbarian
- who tires quickly of arrogant fools
Humble ztsmart crowed: You are just mad because you own SIRI stock.

Hmm, I doubt that he is mad; maybe a little annoyed that the board most of us come to for a friendly and civil exchange of information has been infiltrated by a boorish self-promoter whose seems to believe that the possibility of a successful stock play entitles him to strut about like an adolescent after his second beer.
Ahhh, Frank, are you mad because you speculated and lost your money?

No, my investment in SIRI is doing well, thanks. But, rest assured, you would have ticked me off if I were losing money. Given your bad arithmetic, shady valuation, and poor understanding of option pricing, I'm sure you're familiar with losing investments. Do you like to be kicked while you're down? Now, I'm wishing that SIRI will shoot the moon, just so

1. you can kick yourself for not selling your worthless puts (that you keep talking about, and have no idea how to price).
2. you can shut up and disappear forever.

You're like that annoying Charles Barkley commercial: "Hey guys, can I play?"

I understand. You should have bought puts at 8.90 like I did.

No, you are a complete tool. Buy puts? Can you tell me how much they'd be? Oh wait, you're waiting for help on how to price them. Stop talking options if you don't understand them.

I want you to hold your stock, and even buy more, preferablly on margin. I want you to do this, so that after you get completely wiped out, you will learn. And I sincerely want you to become more knowledgable so that in the furture, you won't be "investing" in companies like SIRI.

I think a 20% would be nice

How nice of you to make it personal. What's next? You sincerely hope that I get a heart attack, or preferablly, cancer? Keep your advice to yourself in the furture. fool. Talk about a little knowledge being a dangerous thing. Go home. No 20% for you, whatever the heck you meant by that.
Who is this jerk? Alot of people in here, including me, a newbie lurker, don't want to hear your garbage.

Get lost Z.
Respectfully, fellow Fools, punch your ignore button on this guy. Don't you realize he's trying to be the Howard Stern of this list? He get more outrageous and provocative because he wants a response. He wants you to reply to him. When you stop doing it, it won't be any more fun for him.

Michael Carolina (who followed his own advice and ignored Z last night, only to find more posts about him this a.m.)
Hey! How about them Dodgers!!

;-)

<'))><
©2005
Vic
Chaunce Hayden, was on CNBC today stating that He has know idea why SEC would waste taxpayer's money and subpoena him when he doesn't own any stocks at all in SIRI or any other stocks. He said that his statement on thinking Howard would do good to move to Sirius was based on the fact that on Satelite radio, he would not have the restrictions and the only reason he said Sirius instead of XM was that his rivals are on XM. Seems like it's a no biggy and that this will just blow over after tomorrow's questioning by SEC with Hayden.

<'))><
©2005
Vic