Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thank you. If I'm reading the details correctly, if she files the innocent spouse form, it could take up to 6 months for her to be notified as to whether they intend to allow it. In the meantime, she's supposed to file. If any refund is coming to them, the AG will grab it, so I don't see that this is going to help her at all. She may be better off just filing separately. I'll get her to check with a tax professional near where she lives.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.