No. of Recommendations: 30
Letter forwarded to me from an Israeli man who helped develop iron dome missile defense system

Now that the bullets have stopped flying, I wanted to pass this message to as many people as I know, but especially to those who dedicate their lives to the State of Israel. The message is from me, and me only. Please feel free to pass it to anyone pertinent.

Without a doubt, Operation Defensive Shield would have looked very different had Iron dome not been operational. The system intercepted hundreds of rockets that were headed straight into the heart of residential areas. Iron Dome saved lives, protected property, and gave people a sense of security, something that they had been missing for more than a decade. Iron Dome was the product of the hard work of unbelievably dedicated and talented people. On Thursday I came to work only to see some friends of mine run out of the building, telling me they were "off to set up a battery in Tel Aviv". Turns out that they worked for 48 hours straight, into Shabbat, not pausing to change their clothing, shower, or even to eat, but they set up that battery. And three hours later, that battery shot down a Fajr-5 headed straight for Tel Aviv.

Since 2010, the people of the United States of America have given the State of Israel nearly 300 million dollars for the procurement of Iron Dome. Another 600 million has been allocated. You people should know that Iron Dome batteries that were funded with American money played a critical part in the conflict. Your money, your help, saved lives. There are people walking around today who are eating falafel, learning Torah, or just playing with their children, who would not be here today if it were not for the United States of America. To this end, no words will ever suffice.

But let me try: Thank you.

And may G-d Almighty bless America.

Cheers,

Ari
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Since 2010, the people of the United States of America have given the State of Israel nearly 300 million dollars for the procurement of Iron Dome. Another 600 million has been allocated. You people should know that Iron Dome batteries that were funded with American money played a critical part in the conflict. Your money, your help, saved lives. There are people walking around today who are eating falafel, learning Torah, or just playing with their children, who would not be here today if it were not for the United States of America. To this end, no words will ever suffice.

But let me try: Thank you.

And may G-d Almighty bless America.

Cheers,

Ari

Ari,

You're welcome. I hope my tax dollars helped pay for Iron Dome and not for Cowboy Poetry. <g>

Mike
No. of Recommendations: 0
Didn't a bunch of jacka$$ Dems criticize Reagan for the Star Wars programs like this?

JLC
You are welcome! Now...put some pressure on BiBi to make a deal with the Palestinians so both of your peoples can start building instead of tearing down. They are not going away so make a deal that gives them some security. You cannot expect that they will ever stop the violence until you stop bulldozing their houses and making Jewish settlements. We Americans have had your back since 1948 but there comes a time when friends tell their friends to stop the BS and make a deal!
friends tell their friends to stop the BS and make a deal!

Make a deal with people who want to exterminate you. I think not, but Israel may have been infected with some of the same liberal Jews that infect the USA.

War has not been allowed to run its course in the Middle East, that is the problem.

Mike
In other words...since Israel has the superior weapons they can exterminate the Palestinians and the problem is solved when war runs it's course?
No. of Recommendations: 5
Now...put some pressure on BiBi to make a deal with the Palestinians so both of your peoples can start building instead of tearing down. They are not going away so make a deal that gives them some security. You cannot expect that they will ever stop the violence until you stop bulldozing their houses and making Jewish settlements.

Israel has done this, not once but several times. The response has always been more attacks by the Palestinians.
Cowman101 wrote: In other words...since Israel has the superior weapons they can exterminate the Palestinians and the problem is solved when war runs it's course?

It's is a contraction for "it is" or "it has."

Its is a possessive pronoun meaning, more or less, of it or belonging to it.

And there is absolutely, positively, no such word as its'.

Your post is worthy only of today's grammar lesson.
Dear CCinOC:
My humble apologies for the poor grammer. Did you understand my point or disagree?
In other words...since Israel has the superior weapons they can exterminate the Palestinians and the problem is solved when war runs it's course?

The Palestinians are the ones who want a war of extermination.

At some point, if they don't wise up, they are going to get that war.

And I don't think they will win it.
warrl wrote: Israel has done this, not once but several times. The response has always been more attacks by the Palestinians.

It must be understood that after centuries of adhering to their crazy religion, the brains of Palestinians have become warped. Warring is now firmly embedded in their DNA. Nothing but complete annihilation of the Jews will satisfy them now. They have said this explicitly and repeatedly.
Cowman101 wrote: Did you understand my point or disagree?

Of course I understood your "point."

The Palestinians have not shown any inclination to live in peace with the Israelis. Do you expect the Israelis to continue to live alongside hostile neighbors who will never stop attacking. The Jews gave all kinds of concessions to the Palestinians and what did that get them? More rocket attacks.

Gaza is a small area. The Jews could easily deal with it. Mine the border and shut off the utilities. The smarter Palestinians will get the message that living in Gaza is not such a good idea and they'll move. Let the Egyptians host the Palestinians - they have lots of room.

Mike
Oh yes that will work. I think they call that ethnic cleansing.
No. of Recommendations: 2
There are people walking around today who are eating falafel, learning Torah, or just playing with their children, who would not be here today if it were not for the United States of America. To this end, no words will ever suffice.

Mmmm... Falafel. I just had some the other day at a favorite eatery where that's their specialty. They make their falafel from pureed yellow lentils instead of chickpeas. I get the curried version. Very tasty.

(A bit off topic here, I know... but if CC can go off on a tangent about punctuation and grammar, then I can do the same thing about food... which IMHO is much more interesting.)
Mmmm... Falafel. I just had some the other day at a favorite eatery where that's their specialty. They make their falafel from pureed yellow lentils instead of chickpeas. I get the curried version. Very tasty.

(A bit off topic here, I know... but if CC can go off on a tangent about punctuation and grammar, then I can do the same thing about food... which IMHO is much more interesting.)
-------------------------------------------
As long as it's not about Geraldo eating falafel i'm OK with it.
As long as it's not about Geraldo eating falafel i'm OK with it.

I know there's a joke in there somewhere, but I'm not getting it.
andrew wrote: "...but if CC can go off on a tangent about punctuation and grammar..."

That was just my way of dissing the poster.
"(A bit off topic here, I know... but if CC can go off on a tangent about punctuation and grammar, then I can do the same thing about food... which IMHO is much more interesting.)" - andrew

Ah... Punctuation and grammar. Every time I think about punctuation and grammar it causes me to reminisce about freshman English 101 at the University of Georgia. First time I took the course I had a 57 average and made an F. I didn't think I'd ever be able to pass Freshman English. God it was difficult. I wasn't near as bothered by Political Science 101 because I made a D in it and I didn't have to take it over.

English 101 and punctuation and grammar are what caused me to drop out of the University of Georgia and move to Florida and live by the ocean for a year and half. That part of it was pretty cool.

Took English 101 over again at Indian River community college and did better the second time around. I made a B. It transferred to the University and that was enough to get me into English 102 which was English Literature which I was able to do all right in.

Art