Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Thanks Adblock

Who knew that a frivolous post (though those ads continue to plumb greater depths) could lead to such an improvement in the quality of life?

I now have both my Macs blocked from ads. It's as if a calm breeze has blown in to replace the turbulent distracting gusts.

Adblock on the laptop. I also have an older G4 tower running on an older operating system and web browser. It will take an operating system upgrade, but, because of its guts, that just slows things down. Adblock doesn't work on it, so I tried SafariBlock, which worked, but slowed down the speed at which pages loaded, presumably as it ruminated about what to load and what not too. I threw SafariBlock out and after a little digging found PithHelmet which works great and web pages load much faster sans ads. I only mention this in case others are running older operating systems and browsers and want to block ads too.

Thanks,
kelbon
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.