No. of Recommendations: 1
Thanks AJ.

You're welcome.

So lets say we open a Roth and are contributing for lets say 10 years and in that 10th year we surpass the $150K mark. Can we then roll it all into a traditional IRA to continue contributions?

Nope - you just leave it in the Roth. It will grow as a Roth and you won't have to pay taxes on any of the withdrawals (again, assuming that Congress doesn't change the law).

Forgive my questions if they seem elementary. I am a pilot by trade, not a finacial anything.

Better to ask questions and learn than to make mistakes. And this is a great place to learn.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.