Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Thanks all, especially YewGuise. I had a friend/coworker help pull me back from the edge by pointing out that it's awesome that she 1)figured out that writing made her happier and 2)has the courage to go that route. Amy's comments made me relook at the situation. Still not thrilled, but she needs to live her life as she sees fit.

I am biting my tongue on the going to an art school instead of a school with a broader range of majors, like we had suggested she should. But she was insistent at age 17 that she wanted to be an animator such that she put together a Powerpoint presentation as to the job market in animation! Stubborn like her mom.

At least her younger brother will be going to a liberal arts college. He learned from her.

Kids!
Kristi
Print the post  

Announcements

Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.