Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Thanks Bear - first time inserting a data table so hope it will continue to get better... thought I used the "pre" correctly but obviously did not!

This seems to mean you think the answer to the above question is "no." Any reason?

I don't have doubts about CTV continuing to grow at a high clip, but if I am being honest with myself I have been a bit underwhelmed by its size and performance to date given all the hype and focus it gets on the earnings calls. It will be a growth driver for a long time, but unless it turns more exponential from here I don't see it driving an acceleration in TTDs growth rate the way Atlas is for MDB - it seems more of a necessary uplift to keep them in the 40%+ range.

Also perception wise, I don't know if growth of ~100% Y/Y in CTV this upcoming quarter will be well received. This is a downside of TTD sharing more cryptic bits of information (i.e. X% growth in CTV spend) rather than telling the actual $s... most will not realize the tough compare. I do agree that if overall growth is 45%+ no one will be overly concerned.

Ultimately the trajectory of TTD is still primarily dependent on taking share in its core market in the near term (CTV, China, etc. are all too small) - I love the company's approach and leadership and am holding shares because of this + their fantastic financials. However, I do get nervous that so much of the call focuses on these currently ancillary markets that aren't generating significant $s. Does this mean that market share growth in the rest of the business (hopefully 40%+ growth) is more of a foregone conclusion not worth delving into or is the CEO attempting to distract us from issues happening there or quickly pivoting to new drivers to make up for a slowdown?

I think the majority of concerns could be be alleviated if we had a breakout of revenue by region every quarter - I'm curious how Americas is doing. With all the other high growth stats being quoted, something has to be lower than the average... but how much lower and how large a piece of the overall pie? From the questions the analysts don't seem concerned so may be much ado about nothing.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.