Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks Dave. Had I realized it was a poaching candidate, I would have dealt with it sooner.

To clarify another concern, is the holder of the shares (or the party that is short the shares) on the ex-dividend date determined at the open or the close of the ex-dividend date? I didn't want to be short the Oracle shares regardless of the dividend payment obligation so I BTC immediately and re-established my short. I may have been short Oracle shares at the open but I covered before the close.

Learning one Foolish step at a time,
grtnorthern

P.S. My next question will be about the Oracle short call that falls in the woods that nobody hears...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.