Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Thanks Denny yes I agree that the butterfly effect may be at work here. Just rumors from Chamanth in his tweet below, but they support the hypothesis that some hedge funds got hit quite hard (and I think are probably forced to sell off other shares to cover, which I suspect could be high growth stocks like some of ours). Also interesting that he is saying retail investors are buying.
https://twitter.com/chamath/status/1354646282678149127

In any case, it's never fun to lose money even if it's paper losses, but I do find Saul's posts on perspective have been helpful to sooth my overactive tendency to want to sell.

I do find it troubling that Apple could have such an incredible quarter and still be down after hours though. Not sure how to digest that one.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.