Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Thanks Ears for your usual spot on astute thoughts about the GV calculation and for the pointer, i.e., sales growth per share vs sales growth.
————————————-

did you see the short attack on XL Fleet (XL) last week? The short sellers executed a classic manipulation of that stock.

Oh yeah, I sure did and thought XL Fleet management gave an excellent response to the short attack as follows:

XL Fleet Refutes Grossly Inaccurate and Misinformed Report by Short-Seller
https://investors.xlfleet.com/news/news-details/2021/XL-Flee...

On 3/8/2021, XL Fleet Corp. (NYSE: XL), a leader in vehicle electrification solutions for commercial and municipal fleets, today responded to a March 3, 2021 report targeting XL Fleet, written by a short-seller with a disclosed economic incentive to negatively influence the Company’s stock price.

• XL Fleet’s technology is validated by independent testing facilities adhering to EPA standards and backed by real customer experience
• XL Fleet has revenue growth, positive gross margins, proprietary technology, repeat customers, and over 4,000 systems with more than 145 million miles on the road
• XL Fleet has successfully sold the majority of its electrified powertrain systems without subsidies in an industry where most sales have relied on incentives
• XL Fleet has highly experienced technical and program management teams that have successfully developed a broad range of electrified powertrain systems
• XL Fleet will report fourth quarter and full-year 2020 financial results on March 30, 2021

Upon further thorough review, XL Fleet reiterates that the report contains numerous factual inaccuracies, misleading statements, and flawed conclusions. The report should not be relied upon by existing or potential investors seeking to make an informed investment decision.

————————————————

I just checked again the short interest ratio (Days To Cover) for XL and found 0.7. Shucks!
https://shortsqueeze.com/shortinterest/stock/XL.htm

After the XL Fleet response, I added to my XL investment when the stock price dropped to $10.50 per share on 3/8/2021. Looking forward to their upcoming initial quarterly and full year end report.

Regards,
Ray
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.