No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks, eric.

Having been a tax person at one point, I can appreciate the additional planning you must have to do. Interestingly I hadn't thought about the tax aspects of my question, was wondering more about differences related to exchange rates, and if there are any difference in the shares. However, I imagine there is foreign tax withholding on gains in some cases, so, the potential for double tax may there even when investing from US.

Where do you live in Brazil? I study at a Tibetan Buddhist school here in Calif.that has centers in both Sao Palo and Rio and often meet people from there. They are all very warm and friendly people and make me want to come visit!

Linda
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.