Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Thanks everyone for the advice so far.

We probably would qualify for an economic hardship deferment. However, I don't know if they will give us the deferment since we've not been paying. Our budget is trimmed, we eat at my parents a couple of times a week. My hubby has been working an extra job, and now we are both looking for work, since it's summer and we couldn't find any summer school jobs and so finances are even tighter. (He's a sub teacher and I'm currently applying for a teaching position.) We were able to get 10 hours more a week (total) for the both of us at our (right now) only job.

To complicate matters further our car died last week, we borrowed one from my dad which we were going to buy, and it died. We missed two days of work because of it. Luckily my dad paid for his car to be fixed, so we didn't have to do that. We are trying to pay off cc debt, only $3500 left to go, old bills that my DH didn't have the $ to pay, and keep current on the rest of our loans. I'm just tired, tired of trying to figure out ways to pick up a couplee of bucks, tired of not working to my fullest potential, tired of not seeing friends since they live far away, tired of going to my mom's to eat dinner! Sorry, don't mean to complain.

Thanks for all the encouragement so far, I really appreciate it. I'll keep y'all posted on what's happening.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.