Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks, Finsternis!

I might miss hills as well, but I'm not sure it's a deal-breaker for me. I lived in the mountains out West for a few years and wasn't really into that.

The hurricanes do make me pause some - esp since I've never experienced them. Have you had to evacuate? I've been through some close-ish tornadoes, but really that's only a few hours versus days!

I've been to a few areas in Florida over the years, most recently spending vacations in the panhandle/gulf coast, and the culture there seems pretty different from the south Fl culture.

I've heard that this area of S Fl is very urban culture-wise. I've only ever lived in small or medium cities and so wonder if it'll be culture shock to be in a really urban type area.

Thanks for the info.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.