Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for all the replies!

The caller alerting me to the calls did leave a number and when I called back it was my phone company, Sprint.

I do have a cordless phone! It is newish...2 or 3 years old. I live in a house but not that far from the street. I will check out all the cordless phone suggestions.

I haven't been here long enought to have unsavory guests, yet.

Here is something interesting, I had ZoneZlarm and then switched to Norton's Firewall. I wasn't happy with Norton's because programs were accessing internet without my permission. In fact, one program TAPISRV.EXE was accessing even thought I specifically told Norton's not to allow it. This program seems to be related to Windows Telephony. Yesterday I uninstalled Norton's and re-installed ZoneAlarm and that program has not tried to access the internet. Also of interest, I just located my receipt and it seems the calls began the same day that I purchased the Norton's Firewall! (phone company gave me the date that it started). I checked Windows site and TAPISRV is a legitimate program. ???

Anyone know anything about this program? I like to play online games but can not with the firewall up and now I am afraid to take it down.

The phone company has told me they will not be charging me and have removed the charges from my bill.

Thanks again for all the help!

-jekkel
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.