Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for posting both tamhas & stillwater9999.

Yes, I was searching for answers too. Why? why did GILD not soar on the impressive results. I guess investors are looking for more?

Like tamhas mentioned do pharma companies need that new drug surprise? Even for large cap company like GILD which has a market cap of $168B to move the needle?

When you cure a disease people no longer need the product.</i >
That is a interesting thought sw, and I actually prefer that they cure the disease and make this world free of HIV/HCV. I hope they don't stop there and move on to curing the next disease/cancer. I guess they have all the key ingredients for that R&D, Cash, Management, Experience and Execution.

Most analysts are rating GILD a strong buy, when I read the company balance sheet I tend to agree with that. Although there are some valid concerns to be cautious namely competition, the next big break through etc..

If there is one strong reason why the stock price didn't budge after earnings report then what would be that?

-nagana
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.