Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for that additional summary Charlie with respect to order execution. You alluded to something in an earlier post in this thread which brings up an interesting point, especially given how there are different "networks" if you will for broker dealers in the market of bonds specifically. When you run your scan, do you have a bias or preference for one broker or do you run scans with all of your accounts? I wonder how often there could be a bond available say through ZD, but not available on Etrade or OptionsXpress or IB or vice versa.

And given your explanation I can see how there could be a difference in prices from one broker to the next. For instance, say you look up a bond on ZD and there are 4 hits or dealers with inventory for that bond. Then you go try to find that bond through a different broker dealer and there are 3 hits there. If that 4th missing hit was the dealer showing the best price, the quote will be higher. I realize allot of times, price difference relates specifically to minimum requirement buys of 10 or whatever and you are only looking to buy a few or 5, than you are either out of luck or have to pay a higher price ot the next hit who might not have a minimum requirement to purchase.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.