Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Thanks for that info.  It makes sense I guess.

Just to follow up on my initial post, I back tested my system with a different group of stocks back into the early 90's.  The system did great until 2000, and then it got hammered with a 50% draw down that it didn't really recover from until about 2006. Not exactly what I was hoping for.  In fact, with just about every long term run for all the systems I have tried the period between 2000 and 2002 is just brutal.  The question in my mind now is will using the Hiddem Gem picks (small cap, lots of volatilty) help prevent something like that in the future with this system?  I don't really believe so, but there is now way to test it.  In the mean time, I will look for a way to filter out markets that are behaving 'badly' and see if I can make the system somewhat more robust.

Ciao

Jon
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.