Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
Thanks for the best wishes,

I'm home for the weekend, having been MRI and ultrasound scanned and probed, from the X-ray my hips are "pristine", Kidneys, Gall bladder, Liver and Pancreas are all in good shape, my prostate "feels normal" but that's probably too much information. A little bit of Aortic distension was noted but since my BP is usually around 120/75 that's not too much to worry about.

At 5.30 last night I was sent for another MRI Scan of a more extensive area, the previous one was spinal and mainly looking, unsuccessfully, for nerve root impingements.

Have you ever had an MRI Scan?
I don't know if the unit I was in was old or what, but you lie on a table with your head immobilised, the headphones they put on me were playing the sort of background music you get at a crematorium. The table then slides into a long bright white cylender, at that point I just shut my eyes, because the eyelids are the canvas of my imagination when my eyes are closed.

Once the scan commenced the noise was unexpected and I could see why some one of a nervous disposition would press the pneumatic panic button that you are given before entering the white womb. Remember those Galaxian type shoot 'em ups from the 80's, it was like being in the speakers as the final few shots unleashed a crescendo of bumps and bangs, those rare earth magnets must be big clunky things, maybe the manufactureres should ask James Cameron for some "Unobtanium".

But I digress, once back they decided to send me home for the weekend, with a goodly supply of medicines including long acting morphine, I turned down the Oramorph which is a fast acting short term version, being an ex smoker I appreciate that the speed of action plays a huge part in reinforcing any potential addiction.

So, It will be back to hospital on Monday after a weekend of my own bed, mild physio exercises and maybe a Curry.

Sadly once I take the meds My concentration will be worse than usual.
I'll sort out the TOTD list for next week, but I don't think I'm up to the usual threads.

As a first experience of a hospital stay, I would have to rate it highly, better than I expected,

Cheers,

€z
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
Glad you're home for the weekend. I do hope you get sorted soon.
Emma
Thanks for the update.

Sounds like it's time to put the music on and take your meds ;o)

You do seem to be having a good MOT test and receiving very good treatment.

Best wishes for round two next week.

ian
No. of Recommendations: 6
Good to hear that they've been looking after you well.
Enjoy your weekend escape, I'm always glad to get back to my own bed.
Meds can make one 'away with the fairies' I've found.
You sort out the ToTD list and I'll carry on doing the undone ones - nowhere near as early as you do them though ;-)
jo
No. of Recommendations: 3
FYI -- GNATs slugger Marty Bixler has been out of commission recently with periodic back spasms.
--BigBunk
Thanks Emma,

(boy my typo's are worse than ever!
thank TMF for the red wavy underlining.)

€z
Thanks Ian,

I'm certainly glad I took up the option of being admitted, these scans and things could have taken months as you may only have one active referral in each department, therefore they cannot make your next appointment until you have attended the scheduled one.

OK, they can put reminders and urgent requests in, but it is administratively more convenient to stick rigidly to "The System".

€z
Thanks Jo,

I'm usually such as bad sleeper, but this morning I was so comfy in my bed

that I just lay there. It was a real pity that MDW had to get up for work, we had a nice cuddle.

The trouble with Sunday is there is nothing on Radio 4 worth listening to,

we'll just have to wait and see what happens I guess!"

€z.
No. of Recommendations: 2
FYI -- GNATs slugger Marty Bixler has been out of commission recently with periodic back spasms.
--BigBunk

Yeah, I hear that PMT is a bitch.

€z
Have you ever had an MRI Scan?

I've had two! It's like being put inside some weird sort of washing machine.

Glad you found hospital acceptable, and that the nurses get a break for the weekend :-)

codey
Any tips on how to get a bed bath?

€z
My guess would be to "fall" in the shower
and pull the emergency chord for assistance!

Not that I have given the matter much thought.

Shibari
Any tips on how to get a bed bath?

€z

Only ever had one, when I was a teenager and was recovering from an operation where I had a bit of my skull cut out. So you could try that route.

codey