Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for the feedback on your experience and comments!
Print the post Back To Top
I used their Cash Management account as my primary account for years. They had a pretty good bill pay interface, and there are physical locations scattered around. They weren't much help for banking but they do exist.

For me, the biggest plus for Fidelity was no-fee ATM usage. I believe they paid back ATM fees for foreign ATM usage in the US, and only charged the Visa/MC fee for international usage.

The only reason I changed was I went to a Credit Union that has better interest rates on checking/savings accounts, still with the No-Fee ATM usage model. The Credit Union is in another state, so it's still online banking.

With apps available now to do online deposits, there's really no need for a "local" bank.

B
With apps available now to do online deposits, there's really no need for a "local" bank.

I agree, with one caveat.

You need a local bank that you can physically walk in to for cash. Or more than one bank, just in case. Put a $1000 in each of 3-5 local brick-and-mortar banks. Savings or checking, it doesn't matter, since none of them pay any worthwhile interest.
Thanks for the feedback on your experience and comments!