No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for the great info! I agree, your two posts should be added to the FAQ.

I am actually sniffing around getting a new receiver soon. I had been looking at the Yamaha RX-V679, though I note that it no longer appears on the Yamaha website. It was a two-zone 7.1 channel receiver. I only wanted the 7.1 so that I could take one for the second zone, and still have 6.1 remaining. It claimed "HDTV compatible 3 component video inputs", but I hadn't looked into that much since I don't have (and am not planning on) HDTV**. I probably should, though, for future upgrading.

I can see I need to make a pilgrimage to my favorite audio store to see what's up now.

1poorguy

**Right now very little is done in HD, and what little is done I don't care about (e.g. sports, and the blonde bimbo in the HD commercial whom I have no interest in checking out, but I'd like to smack her for being so arrogant and annoying).
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.