Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Thanks for the help from everyone. GE was 5% of my port, and now is 2%- 2008 to now; and I have been reinvesting dividends all along, so those are gone (except those invested between $9 and $16.

I'm listening to all of the wise advice above (BTW, hh, do you have a link to your Barron's letter?), but also thinking of the TMF study where they would have been better off had they never sold anything. I'm also seeing this as a personal challenge to buy and hold- selling at the bottom seems like a classic mistake.

Now, those are general considerations, but the company specific issues may override all of that. SEC investigation takes the cake today and is a huge red flag. But who is going to own all of these engines, oil and gas business, wind turbines, CT and MRI scanners, and the servicing of all of these expensive and critical machines?

Is bankruptcy on the horizon in your opinions? What is the probability holders will have nothing left of this company? Spot
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.