Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for the ideas! I do take fish oil, but I'm cheap, so it's an inexpensive brand, but the amounts of EPA and DHA are similar to Minami. I had been taking half the daily dose - again because I'm cheap - but I'll double it to see if that makes a difference.

As for NSAIDS, only Aleve agrees with me, and also works, but I can't take it for more than a week or else it starts bothering my stomach. I'll have to stop it in another day or two. I've not taken aspirin since I was a kid, but I'll consider that. I suspect aspirin will also cause me stomach problems after a while though.

I do also take 500mg of cheap vitamin C, and I'll try doubling that.

"To ice or heat", that is the perennial question! I thought the usual rule was ice for the first day or two, then heat after that, but only if it helps. At this point (two weeks post injury), heat seems to help more than ice, but it's hard to say.

Finally, Topricin. I see that it's a homeopathic product, and I think the efficacy of those is dubious at best despite the rave reviews, particularly when ingredients are highly diluted like some of those in Topricin (though it does have some at only 3x (1/1000) dilution, so there is some active ingredient still present). I had bought Arnicare in desperation a while back for a joint injury and it did seem to help, but that was a reasonable 1/10 dilution of Arnica montana (specifically "1X HPUS 7%"), so that has a non trivial amount of active ingredient. BTW, I'm still not sure what the 7% is referring to - if it's a 1/10 dilution, shouldn't that be 10%? Or is it instead a 1/10 dilution of a 7% starting amount? Googling hasn't helped me so far.

Again, thanks for your reply.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.