Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for the IETC screen mklein. Excellent work as always. I'm always amazed by your statement that you've begin seriously investing for only 2 years. That's a lot of knowledge, and skills for someone with 2 years of experience. Your screen is a favourite bookmark of mine, thanks mklein.

Looked at the list and one of them caught my attention - TLK. Forgive me if I sound skeptical, but I was involved in a forensic audit of their failed joint venture with US West. I've dealt first hand with their management (incompetent & bureaucratic are very kind words to describe them), and staff (who mainly read newspapers during business hours). Inefficiency is an understatement. That was of course back in 2001, but I seriously doubt that things have changed much since then. The company may be touted as having a lot of growth potential, but does anyone care that TLK is highly wasteful as company, and growth comes solely from a de facto monopoly?

Regards,
Stan
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.