Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
This Chinese internet portal continues to power ahead. I have never owned shares, but have profited from this great stock with options.

I like to use stocks like this, recommended with high volatility, to narrow my option searches. If I like the stock and want to own it, then why bother buying it at today's price. Using limit orders is simply throwing money away. I sell put options at the price I'm happy to buy, and so get paid to buy at the price I want. If the price goes higher I just keep the cash.

Yeah, yeah options are risky some say and if you had done the same on SLAB this month you would have lost, but even with that you would be better off than having bought at market or with a limit order.

Dino
PS Can you believe David is older than Tom?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.