Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for the posting

I got the following information about the CFA course from the cfainstitue.

Minimum Time taken to complete the course
-----------------------------------------
1 - Minimum time 2 1/2 years (but not likely to pass all on the first
shot)

Dec Level I
June Level II
June Level III

Reading Materials
-----------------
2- You must use the curriculum materials as that information is used to
create the tests. Any extraneous material is not necessary unless it is
beginner or background material on a subject used to get up to speed. You can then decide if any other provider's materials (Stalla or Schweser for example) are helpful to you.

Fees
----
3 - I have no idea how much CFA Institute will charge in the future. They are revamping things and including CFA curriculum materials in the cost of the test, but I don't know what costs in year 2008 and the future will look like. You can find current costs on CFA Institute's website at:
https://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/register/feesbylevel.html

Finance and Accounting Basics Required
--------------------------------------
4 - You cannot take the exam without that knowledge. You should
consider taking courses from a community college in those subjects before attempting to take the CFA exam. Many software engineers fail due to their lack of knowledge in those areas or later on in Level III their lack of experience or knowledge in portfolio management.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.