Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for the replies. I very much like the idea of separting our "funds" for use for specific purposes. The "Freedom Fund" is an interesting idea, just as "do what you want" money. We currently have a pretty healthy "emergency fund" that also serves as a "what we use to pay the CC bill when we overspend fund", to the "hey, let's go on vacation fund", etc. etc. We never dip too far into the emergency fund, but I'd like to perhaps seal off the E-fund and then leave it at a nice high amount, locked away....

On the other hand, subdividing accounts and tracking lots of different little "pots of money" would be adding to my workload. But it may be satisfying to see those little pots of money grow.

Anyway, this is connected to my paying down the car and the mortgage, becuase in reality, more than I'd like to go on vacation or do home improvements, I'd like to see those balances on my car and mortgage start falling at a more rapid rate.

We are putting away for retirement, but I should re-check our percentages to make sure we're saving as much as we want to.

Thanks for the insights,
KBecks
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.