Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Thanks for the thorough history, Denny. I left the boards right during that collapse due to personal reasons...and lost a bundle for not paying attention to my stocks at all. Learned a big lesson there, which I will never repeat. If I can't pay attention, I'll sell everything first.

Yes, I did find your site and Mike's were still operating a few days ago and was pleased to see them.

I'm sorry to hear about Jim. I guess I can understand why he backed away from the board but am sorry to see that pretty much everyone did. Looks like for many the method took the blame rather than the market and looser application of the method.

I remember those IcyWolf discussions on when to buy. I have always liked to see some turnaround before going in on a stock too--safer, less-nerve-rattling. And I don't need to try to make every last penny...now...though when I started out I tried to.

Congrats on your options strategy...I hope it works well for you. I'm not a knowledgeable enough investor to go that route; I've forgotten too much.

Lots has changed here at the Fool. A lot of closed stock boards or just inactive ones, of companies that are alive and kicking. Kinda surprised by that. I do see that many method boards are still active though. I'll be back-reading/stalking a lot to see where I fit in.

I helped input Value Line data on the Mech Investing board way back when, so I'll probably start there. But just an initial visit tells me they've evolved WAY past my memories of what screens were around then. I will need to find posts that explains what all those screens are! And their relative results. The FAQ is pretty basic. "They've got a lot of 'splaining to do" -- Ricky Ricardo lol

See you out there!
Print the post  

Announcements

BMW METHOD EVENTS

The 2009 BMW Method Conference has been cancelled, due to minimum attendance numbers not being met. We hope to continue the annual BMW Method Conference tradition next fall.

Learn about the first four conferences on the BMW Method Website.

The BMW Method FAQ

BMW Method Website
Annual Conference Videos and Other Resources & Services
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.