No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks for your comments, AeroFool!

(First off, I wholeheartedly agree that the "Warren Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist" book is excellent. I loved it -- and learned a lot, too.)

You said:

<< If the point is that making "novice" choices and not researching your companies thoroughly enough before buying and subsequently buying too many companies that you don't know much about, is wrong, then I agree wholeheartedly with this aspect.>>

Well, that *was*, to a great degree, the point I was trying to make. But I also think that yes, if you limit yourself to too few companies, you might not buy into that 10- or 20-bagger. But at the same time, if you own 100 stocks and one is that 10- or 20-bagger, its effect on your overall portfolio is greatly diminished, compared to if it were one of 10 holdings.

But still, overall, I do very often see both sides of issues -- I even wrote about them many moons ago:

http://www.fool.com/fribble/2000/fribble000530.htm

Best wishes,

Selena
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.