Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Thanks for your reply. I don't usually do discussion boards but since I paid for Fool I could use some advice/opinions. One reason I don't do discussion boards too much is you can't express feelings or attitude very much unless you're in person so I don't know if your sarcasm or less sarcasm in the second paragraph was meant to be helpful or condescending. I don't know- honestly. I don't know- this is a discussion board. You're probably a really nice guy. Having said that I appreciate your feedback. It looks like Warren Buffett from what I read has a whole lot of stocks. Also has Amazon which I have and which he bought recently as did I. I don't understand the single investment remark. I don't know if you signed up for TMF for stock picks or the discussion board.

Don't know if this matters but a lot of my stocks are part of various ETFs. I wish I purchased less so I guess I'll sell some. I do have growth ETFs which I heard are good during inflation.
And no, I wouldn't be able to keep up with all the updates and holdings reports- that's Motley Fool's job -that's why I signed up. As for Starbucks I don't know crap about them except since their inception they're up over 33,000 percent (just throwing darts)
I once heard someone say (not quoting) but to the effect that you could throw darts at a stock chart dart board and do just as well as a lot of wall street pros.
My main takeaway on these boards, other than investing advice, is to not piss anyone off and have a civil discussion. After all I'm on the "investing for beginners" board.
I looked up VFIAX. I guess it's a $3,000 minimum investment. So I guess that would be a good pic? for this pending inflation or crash? God forbid.
Nice chatting with you g w Potter. I did some work for a Potter out here in California. I see you're on the Home Improvement boards a lot. That's all I've done my whole life.
Cheers and peace
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.