Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Thanks for your review of the book. It has caused me to look deeper at this thread which I had brushed off as another gimmicky post from the OP.

His research shows that while folks are squirreling away (or not) money for retirement via 401ks and IRAs there hasn’t been a whole lot of thought and/or knowledge as to how to deploy those assets in retirement—-not to mention other types of assets.

We were guilty of this, being too busy to do more than throw as much as we could in our accounts, both taxable and deferred. We have some general strategies that we have tucked away in our knowledge base, like the 4% withdrawal rule, but even 3 years in to an early retirement we really haven't studied the matter in depth or devised a strategy. Haven't really had to do so yet, for reasons I won't get into, other than decide it's time to spend more money on something other than investments. Sounds like this book would be a good tool towards that goal.

I can only wish, at this point, that I had had all my ducks in a row as you all do on this and other TMF boards. This is meant as a thank you and compliment to you all. I rarely have much to contribute but follow your lead, thoughts and ideas as much as I am able.

IMO the best part of TMF is the multiple POVs, (and occasionally the worst but there is Pbox for that,) where a proposed way of doing something gets challenged by others, and feedback is received on ideas. Keep on raising your voice if only to ask questions. It is surprising how few people do that and your questions will no doubt help others as well. Not everyone got here as early as they would like, but better late than never.

IP
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.