Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Thanks for your thoughts, Teri. However, in reply to them I can only say that I am convinced that the only way for a person to "feel" something in any online conversation is to consider how it affects him or her personally. Personally, given a choice, I would rather not think about how I will die, would rather go quickly, and would rather go non-violently. I've given it considerable thought. However, because I have and choose to express it in light of the alternative you presented is no reason to believe that I am callous and reasonably arrogant toward the fate of other people. I attempted to show you the depth of my caring for others by talking only in terms of how it would affect me and my life. I assumed you would understand if I spoke from first person experience rather than from something I had witnissed. As to the story of my life...so what? You have ample space to share here whatever you desire of your personal life, no one is stopping you. It is your decision. Because I share mine and you don't share yours doesn't make my life experiences any less valid and yours more valid because you don't 'unburden' yourself here from time to time, but 'keep it all in'. Really, whether you have a great or a terrible life maybe no one here knows, but that doesn't mean this is no place to share whatever you want. Generally, it is difficult for men to express feelings, especially so with people they are not close to. However, many organizations function with just this level of required knowledge of another's personal story. I can think of military men and women, fire department personel, cops, medical personel, mostly people in contact with dangerous situations on a daily basis or people required to act under pressure. My point is, without saying to your comrades, "This is who I am and what I stand for.", any person will be less likely to catch on wherever life takes them. That is why I am open about what happens to me, it eases my burden and tells others I haven't anything to hide from them. As to whether we would have an eventual convergence of opinion on something, maybe not. But that doesn't preclude understanding one another better. Hope this lets you know more about what I value. As was said somewhere, things are likely to get somewhat thin around here. If I'm gone, and I see no reason to contribute to the Gardner's wealth creating plan, then there will be one less person to banter with here. Best that those remaining know something of you in order to tighten those bonds that keep this group together. Without them, there isn't much reason for continuing.

Bruce
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.