No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks - I probably didn't phrase my question very well. I am aware that after 65 (assuming that is your full retirement age based on birth date) that you can work without penalty- but somewhere I heard that if you retired, say at 62 and worked and thus were penalized - that you would get that back in later years, perhaps when you reached your full retirement age of 65 or whatever it might be. I sent in an inquiry in to SSA and if I get a response I will post it here. Perhaps there should be a Social Security Board ?
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.