Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Thanks.

Interesting to note that only Walmart has put any exhibits up. The letters from Tesla you discussed were put up by Walmart presumably as they were Tesla's responses in an ongoing back and forth between Tesla and Walmart.

By my reading I did not immediately see any reason to favor Tesla's lawyer's account over Walmart's lawyer's account. While Tesla more or less purported to have been responsive to what Walmart had been asking for, I didn't notice any supporting details that made their story more credible than Walmart's claim Tesla has not been responsive. Walmart claims they have received only one "root causes analysis" in August of 2019 out of presumably 6 requested, and that they have not approved any Tesla inspection protocols because they would like inspection protocols which address the root causes they have yet to be told of (according of course to Walmart). Certainly, had Tesla listed details of how they had actually already presented root cause documents contrary to what Walmart claims, that would have been the kind of supporting detail that would have reassured me.

But of course as I noted above, only Walmart has uploaded Exhibits. We do not yet have Tesla's response, only the parts of Tesla's responses that Walmart has uploaded as part of Walmart's exhibits. Maybe Tesla will be able to counter claims of not having produced this or that by showing the court this or that.

Meanwhile, what do you think of 6 fires (or lets even say it is only 4 fires as Tesla mentions in its responses) out of something like 250 systems? What rate of fires would these systems have to be experiencing for you to wonder WTF? For me ~2% of installations starting fires certainly rose above my threshold. Sometimes the obvious thing turns out to be right. Four fires out of 250 systems that haven't been running very long? Shut them down! And the docs from Tesla's lawyers referring to concern over the systems that had not (yet) burned as baseless? Really?

Unless Tesla walks into court with boxes of documents that were sent to Walmart months ago that have all the answers in them, I don't know how Tesla winds up looking good here.

Thanks for being better at searching the internet than me. I could get to a page that had "case details" and a documents tab and my touching the documents tab produced a page that repeatedly had no documents on it. Didn't think to try to search inside the documents on the website. Next time, I hope.

Cheers,
R:
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.