Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks pauleckler,

When I opened my first brokerage account, I opened an individual and a fidelity go account with fidelity.basically a low fee managed account I just have an auto deposit set to. I didnt really know if it was necessary but being so new I didnt think it would hurt me while I gain some experience in the individual account. You say when the equitys dont look good you move into indexes. For someone who considers to be moderate aggressive but doesnt think he would like to trade frequently would you only focus on stocks that you see long term growth? Is it even worth buying equities that you might have to follow very closely and sell often. I didnt have a problem with holding some potential bigtime industry changing equities like a cannabis or new tech stock that I could hold onto for awhile and see if it develops. I guess I'm looking for a slightly aggressive portfolio without the need to make to many changes. How many different combined indexes and individual longterm stocks do you really need in a portfolio to accomplish this. I read an article where an investor recommended 3 fidelity low fee ETFs IVV IXUS AGG that would be the core of a portfolio. One mirrors s&p one emerging and a bond fund. I guess I'm trying to find the right mix and allocation for a core position that I would leave alone. And then pick a few solid growth stocks that I might have to move but would prefer to count on them to prevail. Do you think I would be successful with this? I also have 2 year old Roth with vanguard and a 401k that I've had for 5 years, and for the last two I have been contributing, combined 16%. Do you think I'm going In the right direction. Do you see any red flags with this for my risk profile? Sorry for the long reply, It just kind of carried on.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.