No. of Recommendations: 44
To KP and Others,

A good friend, Roy Sherman, res2, has left our world after a long bout of illness including a triple by-pass heart operation. He will always be a well remembered friend.

Roy was a technical person who could make a spreadsheet and put together numbers in a custom way for our myriad experiments... He was supportive to all of us in many ways as we were to him... I can recall his fantastic help during and after my one trial with co-leading a seminar for The Motley Fool. I can also recall his support during times of turmoil in financial and board worries... Roy was always a person who would return a sane answer to a rather novice question with no hint of superiority at all.

I have been missing Roy from these boards and from emails for quite a while now. My emails to him have gone unanswered for many months. Today an email arrived from his son which I appreciate greatly.

Hello Anne,

I am writing on behalf of my dad. As you may know, Roy had a triple heart bypass in January. Well, due to many complications he suffered during his recovery, his body finally let go. He passed away on Wednesday, April 28th. We are currently settling his estate and noticed that he was making payments to a stock club. If you know any
information on this, would you please email me at sherman01@comcast.net.

The visitation is at Gramer Funeral Home/Diener Chapel in Utica from 3-9pm on Friday and 11-3pm on Saturday. Their ph. # is (586)731-4150 and web site is gramerfuneralhome.com where condolences can be sent.

Thanks, Roy, for your friendship and your expertise on these boards... You have been missed for quite a while...

Anne

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.