Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks. So I guess I need to wait for that for half of the bonds. The other half were held with Treasury hopefully I'll get something from them!

TreasuryDirect only produces online 1099s. You will receive nothing in the mail. So you just need to go online and print them out.

Log on to TreasuryDirect, and click on the 'Manage Direct' tab. There should be a section about 'Manage my Taxes' - click on Year 2006, of course.

Note that if you have a separate 'my converted bonds' account (because these were initially paper bonds), then you need to click on that account first (at the bottom of the main page) and then follow the directions above.

But yes, for the ones turned in to an institution, they should send you a 1099-INT.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.