Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Thanks tb2 and Peter --- You both nailed the crux of the matter: do I really want to have dinner with Bill? The answer is probably obvious: no. It is also true that in my experience, the ball is now in his court to indicate when he's likely available. But, if I wanted to dine with a person who replied, "Pick a different date" (though none of my real friends communicate in that way), I'd absolutely send a response along the lines suggested by tb2.

Another reason for sending my post: just to perk up the board here.

Happy holidays (and by the way, none of the votes on my very non-momentous poll was mine . . . so that means one person besides myself thought Bill's response was "rude and stupid."

Tomjet
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.