Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Thanks to everyone for all the advice. I'm sending the info to her. I don't travel much. She has decided to become the traveler in the family. She just went to the Galapagos from Panama and that was one strange trip. She didn't have much time to plan.

The Visa question is quite relevant. That is why she went to the Galapagos. The school she was teaching at never straightened out her Visa problems and she had to leave the country. She wanted to see the islands before she left the area. Since this is a travel board you might be interested: She flew from Panama City, Panama to Guayaquil, Ecuador then another plane to Quito. Spent the night in Quito, flew back to Guayaquil for stop over then the Galapogos. From there a bus to a boat. Cross to a nearby island, new bus, then a taxi. Lunch. Taxi. Boat. Bigger boat. 2 hours later final island. This was another Facebook post: "Flew into Baltra. Took a ferry to Santa Cruz then another ferry to Isabela then back to Santa Cruz. Wish I had time for some of the smaller islands or Cristobal." My daughter is a science teacher. She is going to Vietnam to teach biology.

So the answer to the question about Vietnam visa: the school she is going to is supposed to be taking care of that. They provide housing and transportation from housing to the school. We shall see about the Visa. Heather worked on her Panama Visa here in the states before she went last July and again last Thanksgiving (when what she did in July wasn't right), but Panama was almost impossible to get anything straight what they wanted or how to fix it.

Another Facebook post: "Saw baby marine iguanas, blue footed boobies, sharks, sea lions, damsel fish, sea turtles, frigate birds, and penguins. Also visited the Isabela giant tortoise breeding ground. So, so interesting." She also went skin diving and saw a manta ray the size of a car. She was only there for 3 days. She had to get back to Panama to teach.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.