Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Click below to continue the discussion on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks to everyone for all the great replies.

Recently I've looked into stock shorting as a way to increase my buying "leverage", and this bear market seems to be perfect for such a task. After reading a few articles and previous posts it has become apparent that not many investors short. I find that incredibly odd. Perhaps I've oversimplified things in my mind a bit.

I've been a "follower" of the market for about a couple years but never really invested anything. I started dabbling in FA but it seems all to easy to be able to fudge numbers (ie. EBITDA). Although, not really giving up on FA, I've been looking for quick simple FA formula, that can cut through most of the BS. Unfortunately, I doubt that will ever happen. So, I've started to get into TA a bit to supplement FA. Hopefully gaining both a focused and panoramic view of what's really happening.

A couple of months ago I finally made my first trade. I bought WCOEQ at .16 a week before it delisted. Having had a background in telecom and knowing a bit about the company I decided, what the hell, its only a couple of hundred dollars. Turned out not to be such a bad idea, although, I wonder what FA would have said about the move. Now that I think about it, TA probly wouldn't have approved either.

I guess it goes to show that you just have to use your gut feelings sometime.

Thanks to all!
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.