Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
thanks to his grasp of numbers and years of experience, not to mention the 160 IQ.

I know what my IQ was when I took the Cattell IQ test when I applied to MENSA. I qualified, but later decided not to join.

Does anyone really know what IQ Mr. Buffet has, and what IQ test was used? The reason the test matters is that at the time, the Stanford-Binet IQ test measured mine at 130 or so where the Cattell one that MENSA used at the time scored me at 152, Since then (almost 50 years ago) I have had three wisdom teeth removed, so my IQ must now be about 12 points lower. ;-) It certainly seems lower to me. I do not know if my friends notice, because theirs are probably slipping too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_and_crystallized_intelli...

But when all is said and done, I have no doubt Mr. Buffett's IQ is well over 100, but does it matter? I think his grasp of what makes the businesses in his circle of competence tick, that the radius of his circle of competence increases with time and experience, that he is very well disciplined in his business decisions, all matter more. But I have no idea if he is a genius as measured by IQ tests or not. And I do not think that IQ scores matter very much.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.