Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
I haven't really seen much in terms of a discount subscription renewal. Quicken is offering 40% off for new subscribers but it does not seem it applies to renewals. Amazon is selling 10% off a full $110 renewal. Anyone else seen anything different.

Fuskie
Who thinks loyal subscribers should get some kind of gratitude for their loyalty...

-----
Premium Home Fool: Ask me a Foolish Question, I'll give you a Foolish Response!
Ticker Guide: The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Intuit (INTU), Live Nation (LYV), CME Group (CME), MongoDB (MDB), Trip Advisor (TRIP), Vivendi SA (VIVHY), Mimecast (MIME), Virgin Galactic (SPCE), Axon Technologies (AXON), 51Jobs (JOBS)
Disclaimer: This post is non-professional and should not be construed as direct, individual or accurate advice
Disassociation: The views and statements of this post are Fuskie's and are not intended to represent those of The Motley Fool or any other sane body
Disclosure: May own shares of some, many or all of the companies mentioned in this post: https://tinyurl.com/FuskieDisclosure
Fool Code of Conduct: https://www.fool.com/legal/the-motley-fools-rules.aspx
Invitation: You are invited to interactively watch Motley Fool Live online television: https://www.fool.com/premium/live/
Call to Action: If you like this or any other post, Rec it. Better yet, reply to it. Even better, start your own thread. This is YOUR TMF Community!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Fuskie,

If you go to the Quicken website and click on Plans and Pricing you can select the version of Quicken that you currently have (in my case Q Premier) and click on the buy button to purchase. When the cart and payment options window opens you should note the 40% off deal has been applied to your total. And next to the total find the note:
* Existing subscribers will get pro-rated time added to their subscription.

HTH,
Kurt
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Kurt,

My subscription ends in 15 days so I am also hunting for renewal deals. I followed your suggestion and got to that screen, ordered the software (at the discounted price) and when the website asked me to enter my email address to create a Quicken account, it caught me and reverted back to the full subscription price. NO DEAL FOR EXISTING USERS!!

I also just hopped over to Amazon and they have a 10% coupon offer which would get you a $7.80 discount, but that's the best I think I can get.

One other place I can check would be BJs Wholesale Club. We are a member there, and they sometimes offer Quicken at reduced prices.

Cheers!
'38Packard
The fine print disclaimers at the bottom of the page on the quicken site clearly state (emphasis mine)

† Limited time offer of 40% off the list price applies only to the purchase of Quicken Deluxe, Premier, Home, Business & Rental Property for the first year only when you order directly from Quicken by November 30, 2021, 11:59 PM PST. Offer good for new memberships only. Subscription billed annually. Offer listed above cannot be combined with any other offers. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, offers and service options subject to change without notice.
Staples has Q Deluxe on sale for $31.19. I don't see any 'for new users only' restriction listed, and from the Q&A it does seem to be good for existing users. I bought one, anyway, so I'll find out!
https://www.staples.com/quicken-deluxe-for-1-user-windows-an...

Ken
Thanks Ken!!

It's great that Staples is promoting this for the Deluxe version, so I checked for the Premier version, and unfortunately, the promotion for Premier is for new subscribers only.

Not sure why Quicken would "penalize" us Premier users. I agree that we long-time Quicken users should be given some kind of loyalty pricing - but nooooo...

'38Packard
- has had his share of ups and downs with Quicken, this is a downer ;-)
I purchased the 2021 version of Quicken Premier today at Amazon with a 10% coupon. It's not a download, but the software arrives tomorrow. I'll see how to apply my new subscription code when the software box arrives ;-)

'38Packard
Just want to let all know that this subscription extension for 1 year went without a hitch.

Purchased -> https://smile.amazon.com/Quicken-Premier-Personal-Finance-Su...

The price is normally $77.99 but there is an option for a 10% discount coupon. Click that checkbox and you will receive a one-time coupon discount of $7.80.

Software arrived yesterday, and all you need to do is enter the Activation Code in the new software box into Quicken Menu Help / Enter Activation Code...

This was a painless subscription extension and now my subscription has another 12 months.

Easy Peasy!
'38Packard

- now what to do with the $7.80 I just saved.... Hmmmm invest it in what??? LOL!
Staples has Q Deluxe on sale for $31.19.

Thanks for posting this as I had not seen this, and this the version that I use. I also had $14 in Staples rewards to use with nothing that I needed to buy, so I put that towards the Quicken subscription. I just added my activation code, and it added the year to my existing subscription.
"Staples has Q Deluxe on sale for $31.19."

Thanks for the heads up, ordered mine today. Sure beats the $53 renewal price.

arahfool