Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 29
Psssst, come here.....................

I have a secret!

I'm a Secret Santa!!!

My next door neighbor has my utmost respect/admiration and there are time I just stand in awe of here.......

Long story, short --

Put hubby through college ---- makes >75K per year -- divorced her -- and took everything.

Refuses to let her kids be "latch key kids" (I know not PC) -- so she cleans houses during the day while her kids go to school -- and is home for them when they get off the bus. --- No vehicle -- never purchases anything for herself.

Well, she thinks she is about two levels lower than a snakes belly, but has continued to put a roof over her kids and food on the table -- Well, took her to the grocery store -- and helped carry her groceries in the house -- everything is third and fourth and fifth hand and on its last leg -- Well, since I have gotten the final settlement check from my grandma's estate, Me and a couple of friends I work with (and she cleans for) are putting our money together to give to her for Xmas.

There is a catch --- SHE'S TOO BLASTED PROUD TO ACCEPT IT!

But, undaunted, we have come up with another plan -- We have put together enough money to purchase her and her daughter two new single beds - mattresses - and all the trimmings.

They are being delivered next week! -- Anonymously of course!

We bought her a new tv last year because she only had a 10 in black and white!! -- Had to bribe her daughter 10 bucks to give us the key to the house so we could sneak it in!

I love to be sneaky during the holidays -- I just warms my cockles!!!!!!!!

Uncle Jeffy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.