Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
Annually, I give a fellow gamer friend a list of games I have probably enjoyed (at least know of) over the past year, for consideration as possible wish list items. So long as I'm doing it for one friend via e-mail, I may as well provide the list here for my fellow gaming Fools!

Happy to discuss any of these, answer questions, etc. Note that while there's a mix below, this list tends toward the harder-core, more "gamer games."

--David

Bang (do you have this fun/silly game that plays up to 7 players?)
Bora Bora (I’m a Stefan Feld fan boy)
Bruges (I’m a Stefan Feld fan boy)
Conflict of Heroes (a 2008 release but with beautiful new edition — totally accessible Euro/dice wargame)
Dominion (acquiring more expansions if you don’t have ‘em all)
Eclipse (game of the year 2012 — civ in space — did you play this with us?)
Expedition Famous Explorers (newly themed classic Expedition — pretty production)
Legends of Andor (co-op beautifully produced — kind of “fantasy Pandemic” with more storytelling implicit)
Lords of Waterdeep EXPANSION (very good -- note LoW is now a great iOS app!)
Macao (I’m a Stefan Feld fan boy)
Nations (awesome civ card game not quite out yet, possibly shipping before Christmas)
Navajo Wars (this is a solo game from wargame maker GMT Games — deep and interesting — just solo)
Pathfinder Adventure Card Game (a total hit — co-op w/ your own personal “Magic-like deck”/character tackling D&Dlike quests together)
Pax Porfiriana (really interesting card game w/ a ton of cards playing differently every time simulating Mexican Revolution ~1900)
Seasons (really excellent dice/card game for 2-4 players — expansion nice addition too)
Snowdonia (rails game — more family-oriented, but more complex than Ticket to Ride)
Terra Mystica (has moved into BGG Top Ten — euro strategy, kind of like Vinci but deeper)
Thunderstone Advance (Dominion, dungeon-themed)
Yedo (Lords of Waterdeep done a bit deeper, longer, with more mechanics)
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.